Allegany County is Getting Ready for Hurricane Season. Are You?
Whenever there’s a hurricane, news cameras always focus on the coastal effects, but hurricanes have affected areas as far afield as Western Maryland Counties.
Given the record, everyone in Maryland should be mindful of hurricane awareness week. Hurricane season begins in June and is most intense mid-August to October. High winds, heavy rains and flooding can cause devastating damage and it’s well worth planning ahead. Governor Hogan has warned Maryland to develop a preparedness plan that includes some commonsense tips:
- Build an emergency supply kit and develop a family emergency and communications plan.
- Stay tuned to trusted sources such as the National Weather Service and local broadcasters for official updates.
- Keep a battery-operated radio on hand to stay informed during power outages.
- Follow official emergency instructions and quickly heed evacuation directives.
- Stay indoors away from windows.
- Monitor NWS flood warnings for your area and be prepared to seek higher ground.
- Fill a bathtub or containers with water to facilitate cleaning and flushing toilets.
- Charge devices before bad weather hits and consider keeping a charger in your car.
Hurricanes leave a trail of damage in their wake. If a 50 mph wind can permanently damage your home’s siding, windows and roof, imagine what 150 mph hour winds can do.
If your home is hit by the effects of a hurricane, there may be visible damage. But in some instances it’s not immediately noticeable.Which is why you want to get your roof checked out by a professional as soon as the storm has passed.
Crown Remodeling offers a FREE DAMAGE INSPECTION that will quickly ascertain the extent of the damage. If there is damage you probably qualify for complete roof replacement. Our in-house insurer will advocate with your insurance company to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Your insurance rates won’t increase and your insurer won’t cancel your coverage.
Click here to schedule your FREE ROOFING INSPECTION.
GET YOUR FREE DESIGN CONSULTATION & ESTIMATE
Please fill in the form below to request a free quote and one of our experts will contact you to arrange a meeting. This visit will serve to evaluate your needs and give you a personalized and competitive quotation.
“Crown remodeled two homes for me and did an outstanding job. They are the first company I’ve worked with that completed the project under budget and on time. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to do a new kitchen, bathroom or a total home renovation.”
It’s been great working with Paula and Crown Remodeling! Great communication and I’m looking forward to working with them again.